Wanna Be A Baller
Want to spend less time doing laundry, have softer clothes, more absorbent towels, and have everything leave the dryer with a lot less static and wrinkles? Then ditch the dryer sheets and be a baller. A dryer baller.
First, a little about dryer sheets, the nasty little things these replace. They’re coated in chemicals that bond to your clothes, making them feel softer, while actually doing the fabric no good at all. Most go straight into landfills, they can be a fire hazard, and they’re particularly not helpful when it comes to fabrics that need to absorb and release moisture—like your towels towels and workout gear.
Consider our eco-friendly alternative:
- Dryer balls bounce around and separate clothing, shortening drying time and reducing wrinkles.
- They last for years.
- Kept (pun intended) in, say, our Glass Container Set, they’re way cuter than a box of dryer sheets.
- A few drops of essential oil on them will leave your clothes smelling naturally beautiful.
- Women in Nepal weave ours as part of an empowering fair-trade program. One 🖤. One 🌎.
Hints to help you love them:
- Don’t overload your dryer! They need room to bounce around and aerate the clothes to do their thing.
- That said, 3-6 balls for a medium sized load is good. Ours come in sets of six to make this easy.
- If your laundry’s sticking together, the clothes might be overdried. Dryer balls quicken the process, so try shortening your drying time.
- Spray them with a little water until they’re just damp to help stop static cling. In cases where you need a little more than that, clipping a safety pin to one can help even out the charges that cause cling.
We love little changes to do big things for ourselves, for others, and for the planet. Make each load of laundry a labor of love and grab a set of KEPT’s Wool Dryer Balls today.